Tuesday, January 20, 2015

NCC presents: Early 21st century wallpaper interior design nail art

This month in the Nail Challenge Collaborative the theme is wallpaper and at first I was a bit "meh" about it, but then I got super excited when I realized the options of it. My thought span was from computer's wallpaper to the actual wallpaper and then I decided to narrow it down further and do a tiny history lesson of it. Wallpaper is part of interior design and during the century different trends have been standing out. As you know NCC only have 4 designs so I've narrowed it down to that so there will be some jumps in the decades. Also I would like to point out that there isn't any right's or wrong's here, just because I choose one color combo that wont mean that there weren't any other and also the color trends might have occurred during different times/decades in different places over the world. And on top of that a lot of people use to stick with an interior design of a specific time for decades, like at my grandparents place it was a lot of 60s stuff also in the 90s.

My first wallpaper nail art is some kind of early 21st century nail art, like from late 90s to 2010ish. And there has been a super white era during this time talking about interior design. In Sweden (at least) there has been a hype (which is slowly fading out) to paint (or buy) literally every item in your home to white, with some few tiny details in other materials or colors, like silvery metal/glass or occasional white glazed wood. It's a feminine rural style, sometime shabby chic.. Also don't forget about the large wooden letters on the wall saying "love" or "family".. Today I can mention that this white+silvery has changed to white+copper or white+brass for the trendy ones.

Source 1 (living/bath room), Source 2 (wallpaper), Source 3 (kitchen)
So.. onto the nail art, in an aim to keep to whole interior of a home white, there still has been some patterns on the wallpaper, like subtle metallic patterns. Here I chose a white base and then stamped a holographic pattern using Color Club - Harp On It with the Born Pretty Store Stamping plate QA88. An image plate I won from MoreNailpolish. :) Stamping with CC was awesome, worked great and the holo was visible, but subtle due to the thin lines and I must say this was one which looked better IRL. It was hard to photograph, if it got dizzy or too light the pattern doesn't show, but at least you get the vision. I also added some pearl rhinestones to fit the romantic and feminine style.







Sunlight so here you can see some of the holo in the stamping.

Polishes and materials used:
Color Club - Harp On It
Nordic Cap - NP13
Squishy XL stamper from eBay
Born Pretty Store Image Plate QA88

This is the image plate I won at MoreNailpolish. (lol, I just had to take the photo after the stamping) and I must say it worked great, sharp pattern and easy to pick up. I can recommend it and if you decide to get it from BPS I have my 10% discount code for you to use; NGL91.



An InLinkz Link-up

So, do you recognize this interior design/wallpaper trend from where you're from? Do you like it the "white trend" or do you prefer other colors/combos in your home? Tell me. Also what do you think about the subtle stamping? :)

14 comments:

  1. I love it, absolutely stunning mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svalt och elegant, mycket snyggt! Fast jag är inte mycket för den helvita trenden vad gäller inredning. Själv föredrar jag att ha lite färg omkring mig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, jag är på samma bana, jag kan tycka att helvitt, både väggar och möbler osv ger sjukhuskänsla och mentalsjukhuskänsla. XD

      Delete
  3. What a pretty and delicate mani Gelic. I love it :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det ser jättefint ut! Väldigt diskret och elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja himla kul med silverholostämpling ovanpå vitt :D

      Delete
  5. Superfint! Roligt att du väljer att representera olika tidsåldrar så tydligt. Denna känns verkligen 2000-tal. Jag gillar den "rena" stilen men har svårt när det ser ut som en katalog/visning. Jag vill att hem ska kännas hemtrevliga så man vågar umgås där ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack :P Va kul att 2000-talet syns! Mjo, jag håller med dig, jag kan tycka att för mycket vitt blir sterilt, som ett mentalsjukhus och sen blir det som du säger att man knappt vågar vara där. Har besökt ett sånt hem en gång och gjorde misstaget att ha en ny tröja som tappade lite guldglitter (inget enormt), värdinnan suckade djupt och tog demonstrativt fram dammsugaren och dammsugade hemmet pga det "smutsiga" glittret. Så mentalsjukhus och mentalt sjuka går ju hand i hand...nä men skämt å sido, det där är inga jag umgås med längre.. I ett hem måste man ju kunna leva i!

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.