Monday, May 6, 2013

Smitten Polish - Robin's Egg, swatch

As I said yesterday, today is the premiere day of a theme week here at Gelic' Nail Art. The theme this week is the brand Smitten Polish. I've bought all mine from the Smitten Polish Etsy store.

Since it's Monday (and that mean blue monday at Lindas Nailorama ) I've chosen the bright blue/turquoise Robin's Egg.

This might be my favorite because I love the color and glitter combination, the name doesn't make it feel worse either. Real robin's egg really seem to have this color too! (well, I googled it)

This is three coats of Robin's Egg and it's a crelly and very glossy, none of this photos are with top coat.

The glitter seems black when you look at it but it's actually very dark matte brown hexagons in different sizes. And as you might see most clear at the photo above (in the bottle) is shiny rust orange small round glitter. They are a nice spice to the polish glistening on the nail from time to time.
Above I also have a shot of it with matte top coat. I think I prefer it shiny but this also made it look really cool and rubbery like.

Hope you liked it and are up to more Smitten Polish tomorrow. :D
If you want to find more Smitten Polish I'd look at Sminkan and her photos of Smitten Polish which is the main reason for this purchases and the many more on it's way to me.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ja, jag kan inte annat än hålla med! :D

      Delete
  2. Snyggt! Och vad kul med en temavecka med Smitten ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ska bli jättekul! :D De är så fina så! :)

      Delete
  3. Så kul med en Smitten-temavecka!
    Du börjar med ett underbart lack verkligen. Sååå fint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Va kul att det uppskattas! :)
      Ja, tror jag kanske kanske slog till med det finaste på en gång! :D

      Delete
  4. I really like this and I actually think I prefer how it looks matte! That said, thats an amazing shine considering there's no topcoat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it doesn't really look bad either way. Amazing how the expression of a polish can change whether it's shiny or matte. :P

      Delete
  5. Läckert :-D Ser ut som trastägg,och det är i mitt tycke ett av dom vackraste äggen man kan hitta skal av nu på våren :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja visst är det! :D Ja, det gör det ju, otroligt att äggen är så färgglada och fina :D

      Delete
  6. Vackert! Jag måste ha de här jag med. Jag har av någon anledning inga av de från den här kollektionen för jag var så inställd på Berrydrops just när den kom. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja verkligen! :D haha, jag var lite tvärtom, köpte alla ur den här kollektionen och "missade" berrydrops men gjorde ett kompleteringsinköp för ett tag sen där jag plockade med ett par av dem och några till! :D

      Delete
  7. Otroligt vackert :O
    Jag brukar ha något emot blå nagellack men det här var ju bara för härligt :)
    kram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, kanske för att denna inte är helt blå utan har grönt i sig så den går åt turkost? Eller att den är så färgstark?Hur som så är det superfint! :)
      kram!

      Delete
  8. Väldigt vackert! Jag visar också ett blått Smitten lack just nu :) Smitten gör otroliga lack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh va kul :D Ja visst gör hon! Helt otroligt att det är bättre kvalité men framförallt roligare lack än hos de stora märkena :D

      Delete

  9. Nice blog. follow you.

    please follow me :))
    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog seemed very nice but I don't understand the language you write in. :(
      If you'd write in english it would be easier.

      Delete
  10. Ursnyggt! Hamnar på min lacklista på stört :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, denna är verkligen en riktig pärla! :D

      Delete
  11. i really liked the design
    but what is matte coat?
    Is it like clear coat?
    I love your nail designs and I recommended these nail designs to my friends
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! :D
      Yes, matte coat/matte polish is like clear polish except that it "mattyfies" the underlying manicure. Almost all brands (HM,china glaze, OPI, essie etc..) got a matte top coat to buy. There's also pigmented polishes that is matte from the start, those you can put clear polish on top to make them shiny if one prefer that or just want to change. :)

      And thank you for liking my designs and recommending them :)

      Delete
  12. so cute
    it's a great summer nail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is SO cute :D I totally love this polish and would recommend it to everyone! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.