Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pretty and Polished - Everybody Loves Penguin swatch

Here I have Everybody Loves Penguin. I don't know what's penguin about this and maybe it's not so easter either but there's yellow glitter in it so it counts. ;)
This is 4-5 coats and still some VNL but not like if it's bothersome.
The polish has a white jelly base with yellow smaller sized hexagon and two sizes of black opaque hexagons. The yellow hexagons are semi shiny, metallic looking but not shiny like regular glitter per ce.  The largest of the black are 4mm and not that common, and I needed to do some fishing and some what placing of them.

I really loved this polish, the only sad thing is that it needed so many coats because I think one manicure needed about 1/5 or 1/6 of the whole bottle which was 5ml. I will try getting my hands of a full-size bottle if possible (There where no large ones available last time). Maybe I'll use it for layering the next time because as I said I really likes this color/glitter combination.
For safety I used two coats of SV so the black large glitter wouldn't stick up from the surface, even though they sunk in surprisingly well in the polish.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is beautiful and it makes for an interesting alternative to Easter-like colours. I really love the colour of the hexagons but its a shame it needed so many coats :( Have a lovely Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with you, such a nice polish but so many coats. But I'll try layering it over white creme or maybe even a white crelly maybe it will only need 2 coats of ELP. :)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.