Monday, March 25, 2013

Blue textured jelly sandwich

Liquid sand jelly sandwich, is that correct to put it out like that? I mean liquid sands are jelly if they have top coat and if I put something in between and make a sandwich of it it probably is a jelly sandwich, just textured. Or should I call it Textured Jelly Sandwich? Yea, I liked that! Remember where you heard/saw it first! ;)

Anyhow, Blue Monday at Lindas Nailorama and this manicure surely is blue!

I basically painted on some stars over OPI - Get Your Number (GYN) and then a coat of GYN again, like a jelly sandwich. Above it hasn't yet fully dried.
The result was darker than the "normal" color of Get Your Number because the star polish made the polish wet and then it gets darker. When I added more GYN the base was dark and it didn't change.

The star polish I used is Kleancolor - Blind Date. I think I used about 2 coats of dabbing to place the star some what even. I liked that the star glitter was really thin and didn't stick up much from the polish like some glitters do.
 It was quite cool this way too. It looked super jelly and the prismatic glitter really gave a dept to the polish.

Polishes used:
OPI - Get Your Number
Kleancolor - Blind Date

Which one did you like the best? ;)

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tack! Ja det blev en rätt så cool effekt av det. :)

      Delete
  2. How cool! I really like the stars!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D They sure sparked up the design so to say ;)

      Delete
  3. Very fun with the little star glitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it made the manicure much funnier. :)

      Delete
  4. I liked them both! I can't decide ^^ I love that you played with the textures! From boring it became intersting and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea, textures and contrasts are fun. Experimenting with textures and layering different things can have great outcomes.

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.